How long have you been self harming? Discuss why you started.
2. What part of your body is most affected by it?
3. What is your motivation to recover?
4. Do you consider yourself “addicted”? why or why not?
5. What part of self harm do you dislike the most? 6. What about it do you enjoy?
7. list 10 activities that help you calm down.
8. What the most supportive thing anyone has said to you about self
harm? 9. Have you ever taken pictures of your wounds?
10. How do you feel about your scars?
11. Strangest place (school, park, etc) you’ve ever injured
12. Where do you keep your ‘tools’? (Your room, in a
box, disposed of them?)
13. What is the biggest realization about self harm you’ve
14. Is there anyone you consider to be an inspiration in your
15. Do you visit any websites about self harm? If so, what are
16. What advice would you give to someone about self harm?
17. Do you know anyone else who injures themselves?
18. Write a letter to the future (recovered) you.
19. List 3 reasons that recovery is worth it.
20. What is the most vivid memory you have of self harm.
21. Have you tried to stop in the past? What are you doing
differently this time?
22. Where do you feel the most calm?
23. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
24. What are some of your main triggers? Why?
25. Do you know any statistics about self harm?
26. What is something that makes you the most happy?
27. Discuss any and all progress you have made.
28. What short-term goals do you have?
29. Do you follow any self-harm blogs?
30. Post your favorite picture of yourself and write a positive
message to look back on.
it isnt just one cut, two cuts, three cuts, four. its hundreds of
cuts. theyre slowly moving down my leg. pretty soon im going to
have to be extremely selective of the clothing i