10 Key Lessons
to remember in order to make it through life
1. Throughout your life, you will only meet a few people that you can trust entirely.
Unfortunately, you don't always know whether someone is trustworthy or not until
it's too late & you've already made a big mistake. All I can tell you is to be careful.
2. Don't feel rushed to find love just because a lot of people around you already have.
Some people find "the one" right away, & others have to be patient & wait. It's not fair,
trust me, I know. B u t t h a t ' s j u s t t h e w a y i t i s .
3. Most people will leave you after promising they never will. You can ask as many people
as you want for advice, but it's honestly not going to help you stop missing the ones who
have left you. It takes time & getting used to your life without those people in it. You need
to realize that it is possible to be happy without the ones you once thought you need the
most, & that is something you need to do on your own. Others can't do it for you.
4. Life becomes so much easier once you stop caring what others think of you. That chick
that sits nexts to you in math thinks you're ugly? laugh it off because you are beautiful &
the people who truly matter know it. In a few years, you will be off in college while this chick
is flipping burgers at McDonalds because she thought judging everyone based on their looks
was more important than her school work. As you can see, she's often wrong.
5. Do not get so absorbed in the drama in school & the whole "who is wearing what" stuff.
First off, getting involved in drama makes people lose respect for you. Secondly, your
academics are far more important than childish drama. They determine where you go to
college, & that plus what you accomplish there determines the rest of your life.
Focus on your school work.
6. If someone is causing you so much pain, let go of them. I know it's not as simple as I make
it sound, but you need to surround yourself with the people who make you smile the most &
laugh so hard you feel a 6 pack coming on.
7. Your parents love you, they're not trying to ruin your life. They've been walking this planet
longer than you have, so trust them on most things.
8. There will be this boy you will meet when you are young, & you two will fall deeply in love.
You will love him for the rest of your life, but you most likely won't marry him, no matter how
positive you are that you will. Some people are meant to fall in love but aren't meant to be.
9. Killing yourself is not the answer to all your issues. It's a permanent solution to your
temporary problems, which is pointless. I know it feels like the end of the world & things
will never get better, but I promise you it will pass. Talk to someone, because even though
it feels like no one cares, several people do.
10. Love who you have in your life now because you're lucky if even one
of them stays there forever. Do me a favor & smile. Life seems long, but
someday it will all flash before your eyes.